FLMF offers the following information on its website in good faith, but we make no claims and offer no judgments on the information provided by its members, nor can we give personal recommendations.
As in doing business with any professional individual, before entering into any long term relationship, you are advised to:
1. Consider the teacher's education and training in music, and his or her participation in professional workshops and continuing education.
2. Request a copy of the teacher's studio policy.
3. Interview the teacher and visit the studio to familiarize yourself with his or her teaching methods and current competence.
4. Observe the teacher in action if possible, to see how s/he handles students, and the atmosphere created in the studio.
5. Ask for references from other teachers or current parents.
6. Assess the results of his or her teaching by attending a recital or other event in which the teacher's students are performing.
Last Name Engel
First Name Kimberly
Address you as Mrs.
Phone Currently not accepting new students
Instruments taught Piano, Flute
Education Bachelor's Degree
Affiliations Fairfax-Loudoun Music Fellowship
Activities/Services Holiday and Spring Recitals, two local community performances, 6 Group Performance and Theory Classes, and Music Technology Time before or after all Private Instruction
Additional Info/Specialties Well-respected piano instructor known for building strong relationships with students and parents as a foundation for getting students to where they want to be. Lessons include private instruction as well as Music Technology Time, which incorporates the latest innovative music software apps to reinforce concepts taught at lessons -- i.e., technique, rhythm, music theory, music history, sight reading, composition, ear training, understanding and using chord symbols and more. Ms. Engel is particularly skilled at tailoring the curriculum and teaching style to match the student's specific learning needs, and works well with all personalities. Ms. Engel networks extensively with fellow piano instructors to stay in tune with the latest music trends and teaching techniques. Ms. Engel has been a church pianist for 10 years and also currently serves as the Music and Choir Director at her church. Her goal is to teach students the skills to be lifelong musicians, and help them discover the great joy and satisfaction that comes from making music.
Available as Performer No
Available as Accompanist No
© 2006 Fairfax-Loudoun Music Fellowship. All rights reserved.