FLMF offers the following information on its website in good faith, but we make no claims and offer no judgments on the information provided by its members, nor can we give personal recommendations.
As in doing business with any professional individual, before entering into any long term relationship, you are advised to:
1. Consider the teacher's education and training in music, and his or her participation in professional workshops and continuing education.
2. Request a copy of the teacher's studio policy.
3. Interview the teacher and visit the studio to familiarize yourself with his or her teaching methods and current competence.
4. Observe the teacher in action if possible, to see how he/she handles students and the atmosphere created in the studio.
5. Ask for references from other teachers or current parents.
6. Assess the results of his or her teaching by attending a recital or other event in which the teacher's students are performing.
Last Name Benson
First Name Steve
Address you as Mr.
Street Address 2622 Lake Ridge Court
Zip Code 22124
Instruments taught Piano, harpsichord, organ, MIDI instruments, and vocal performance coaching
Education B.A. music Austin College, private post-graduate work with Anthony Chanaka, Ronald Elliston and Conrad Bernier
Affiliations American Guild of Organists, Organ Historical Society, Fairfax-Loudoun Music Fellowship
Activities/Services Director of Music and Organist at St. Andrew's Episcopal Church, Arlington; Co-Organist Fairfax Church of Christ, Scientist
Additional Info/Specialties I provide studio recordings in a fully equipped MIDI and acoustic studio with Steinway B piano, Neupert harpsichord, ProTools, Sonar X1, Sibelius 7, and AKG microphones.
Available as Performer Yes
Available as Accompanist Yes