Activities/Services host two yearly recitals, hold master classes with John Gardecki; performances (piano/singing) at local retirement/nursing homes; participation in FLMF activities and The Bland Competition; guest pianist for local church; hired for special occasions.
Additional Info/Specialties coached by pianist John Gardecki of WIPAC; and coached by singer Angela Knight of the Washington National Opera.
Available as Performer No
Available as Accompanist Yes
FLMF offers the following information on its web site in good faith, but we make no claims and offer no judgments on the information provided by its members, nor can we give personal recommendations.
As in doing business with any professional individual, before entering into any long term relationship, you are advised to:
1. Consider the teacher's education and training in music, and his or her participation in professional workshops and continuing education.
2. Request a copy of the teacher's studio policy.
3. Interview the teacher and visit the studio to familiarize yourself with his or her teaching methods and current competence.
4. Observe the teacher in action if possible, to see how s/he handles students and the atmosphere created in the studio.
5. Ask for references from other teachers or current parents.
6. Assess the results of his or her teaching by attending a recital or other event in which the teacher's students are performing.