FLMF offers the following information on its website in good faith, but we make no claims and offer no judgments on the information provided by its members, nor can we give personal recommendations.
As in doing business with any professional individual, before entering into any long term relationship, you are advised to:
1. Consider the teacher's education and training in music, and his or her participation in professional workshops and continuing education.
2. Request a copy of the teacher's studio policy.
3. Interview the teacher and visit the studio to familiarize yourself with his or her teaching methods and current competence.
4. Observe the teacher in action if possible, to see how s/he handles students, and the atmosphere created in the studio.
5. Ask for references from other teachers or current parents.
6. Assess the results of his or her teaching by attending a recital or other event in which the teacher's students are performing.
Last Name Day First Name Carla Dean Address you as Ms. Street Address 101 Sinegar Place City Potomac Falls State VA Zip Code 20165 Phone 703-406-4112 Fax 703-406-4412 E firstname.lastname@example.org Website Instruments taught piano, piano pedagogy Education BA, Wilson College, Chambersburg, PA; Piano Pedagogy with Frances Clark; Graduate courses, various universities. AffiliationsNVMTA (VMTA, MTNA) Activities/Services Bi-weekly repertoire classes. Studio recitals. Piano pedagogy lectures nationwide. Accepts Music Link students. Published magazine articles. Appeared on TV and video tapes. Additional Info/Specialties Works with new publications for Frances Clark Library. Former faculty Peabody Institute, Baltimore; Judges competitions. Available as Performer No Available as Accompanist No
Last Name Marcinko First Name Judith Address you as Mrs. Street Address 20822 Butterwood Falls Terrace City Sterling State VA Zip Code 20165 Phone 571-375-2653
Fax E email@example.com Website Instruments taught Piano Education Bachelor's Degree in Music Education Affiliations Music Teachers' National Assoc., Northern Virginia Music Teachers' Assoc.
(NVMTA), Sigma Alpha Iota National Music Fraternity Activities/Services Recitals, National Guild auditions Additional Info/Specialties 20+ years teaching group and private lessons. Professional performer and accompanist on piano and organ. Organist/ Pianist for St. Philip the Apostle Church.
Available as Performer Yes Available as Accompanist Yes
Last Name Reck First Name Sharon Address you as Mrs. Street Address 57 Whittingham Circle City Sterling State VA Zip Code 20165 Phone 703-430-3486 Fax E firstname.lastname@example.org Website Instruments taught Piano Education BM in Piano Performance, James Madison University Affiliations National Guild of Piano Teachers, Chairman of Sterling/Herndon Center Activities/Services Two Recitals, Nordstrom Holiday Performances, Ensemble Festival Additional Info/Specialties Available as Performer No Available as Accompanist Yes