HARPSICHORD RENTAL AND FEES
Procedures for Rental
1. Call contact person to request application and to schedule rental.
2. Mail completed application including one check for rental fees and one check for deposit to contact person, payable to Fairfax-Loudoun Music Fellowship.
3. Arrange transportation of harpsichord to and from storage home by contacting storage person directly.
4. Get in touch with contact person for deposit refund after instrument has been returned to storage home and rental agreement has been completed. Contact person for scheduling and payment of fees is Libby McConnell.
1. FLMF Members
A. No charge for use in FLMF recitals, workshops, and community outreach events (e.g. Reston EXPO, Reston Business Luncheon, Arts Alliance events).
B. All renters must pay a refundable deposit of $100 to cover deductible fee for insurance. This will be refunded when the instrument is returned in excellent condition.
C. Out-of-studio, educational event organized by FLMF member; duration and location to be approved by harpsichord committee:
Rental $75 per event
Moving and tuning fees will be additional, $100 deposit required
Trained and Untrained Members:
a. $50 per week minimum, (a week to run Monday to Monday) or any portion thereof;
$10 each additional day beyond a week.
No additional charges for moving and tuning. Untrained members may arrange to get help with moving and tuning from a trained FLMF member or they must hire an approved technician. (list of technicians on the website)
b. $25 additional each time instrument is moved out of studio during that week for a student-based non-ticketed event, e.g. workshop or student recital.
2. Not-for-Profit (501c3) Organizations
A. Non-ticketed event: $100-maximum rental to be three days, or $25 charge per day in excess of three days (e.g., benefit for FISH.).
Not-for-profit organizations must hire an approved technician for all moving and tuning of the harpsichord.
B. Ticketed event: $150-maximum length of rental to be three days, or $50 charge per day in excess of three days. Moving and tuning fees and deposit: see above. (e.g., VOCE)